2017 Liebster Award Nomination
The Liebster Award was created by bloggers for bloggers as a way to connect, support and promote one another's blogs. In German, Liebster translates to "sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome." This Internet-based award is given to bloggers whom fit that criteria.
I want to give a big thank you and shout out to Molly's Pitcher for the Liebster Award Nomination! Visit her blog for all things time, family, money, health and work -- she's bound to give you the advice, REAL life family stories, and the little push you need to get things moving in the right direction.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY FAVOURITE BLOG...
Life with Me is a blog created by Marianna Hewitt. She moved to LA with big dreams of becoming a TV host, and has now made a career out of her Life with Me blog and video tutorials. She can be seen hanging with the Revolve family, or at big Hollywood events photographed beside Kim Kardashian.
Marianna is adventurous and takes her followers on the journey with her! She touches on all things beauty, fashion and travel - inspiring her readers to live a beautiful life inside and out (which I love.) She's honest, raw, down-to-earth, and I love that she's so open with her readers.
Not only do I love her for her fashion and beauty inspiration, but for her general knowledge of brand-building and blogging as well! She wants her readers to grow from her success and shares all of her blogging tips, Instagram tricks -- you name it. Oh, and did I mention how adorable her mom is?
Follow her on Instagram and you'll see for yourself. She's a goddess and a definite style-guru!
TEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. Pink has been my favourite colour literally since birth.
2. My 14 year-old Jack Russel is the love of my life 🐶 (sorry babe!)
3. The sweetest, most adorable girl in the 🌍 - my niece - is named after me "Olivia Brooke" 💝
4. I literally survive off of ☕ - and take it black, even when it's iced. No liquid sugar for me!😷
5. If I could, I would inhale KitKat Chunky's like oxygen.🍫 #fitspo
6. I don't like crunchy lettuce - and yes, I pick it out of everything (don't judge me, I'm weird!)
7. Running off #6, I eat like a four year old child. Might as well pass me the kids menu. 😭
8. Excluding makeup, I use organic/vegan products in my day-to-day routine - even deodorant!
9. I'm hysterically mortified of spiders - keep those f*#&ers away from me. 🕸
10. I'm generally super chill, and generally tell it how it is. Life moto: don't dwell on what you can't change, and pay attention to what's important, your happiness! 😇
WHAT IS YOUR GOAL FOR YOUR BLOG?
The overall goal is to just use my writing as an escape, or as an outlet. Obviously rolling in some dough would be great too.
WHAT ARE TWO BLOGS THAT YOU ENJOY READING?
1. Life With Me, Marianna Hewitt
2. Xenia Overdose, Xenia Van Der Woodsen
WHAT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF ABOUT YOUR BLOG?
Just the fact that I have people clicking on my website at all - lol! When I started my blog I was certain no one was going to read it, but I was going to do it anyway. Never did I ever believe I'd have a growing list of subscribers and readers! Xo
WHAT DO YOU STRUGGLE WITH THE MOST ON YOUR BLOG?
Just finding the time to write in general! I love that I can schedule my posts ahead of time to give me a little breather.
DO YOU TAKE YOUR OWN PICTURES OR DOWNLOAD PICTURES FROM A WEBSITE?
I take all of my own photos for my blog posts (header images, examples using a product, etc.) - unless of course I'm linking to an article of clothing or a product from their website, then that photo is obviously not my own!
WHAT DO YOU STRUGGLE TO BALANCE WITH BETWEEN YOUR BLOG, FAMILY, FRIENDS, WORK, ETC? IS THERE SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP TO BE ABLE TO BLOG?
I definitely find it hard to balance my blog with a work schedule. When I'm working, my job has a lot to do with writing, marketing and being on social media. So when I come home at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is more writing, more marketing, more social media! That being said, I do manage to balance the two - so I wouldn't say there is anything I'm giving up to be able to blog.
IF YOU COULD HAVE AN EXTRA HOUR EVERY DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH IT?
Sleep! Are you crazy?! An extra hour of sleep every day would be amazing - then just imagine what I could do with all that extra energy!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK AND WHY?
Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht. I love this book because she tells it how it is, but in a way thats helpful and will guide you towards landing your dream career. I think I love it most because it's about making your mark on the PR world and if I don't make it obvious enough, I love PR!
WHAT IS THE LAST BOOK THAT YOU READ?
It's honestly been a while... I want to say it was The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer (but I'd be lying if I said I read the whole thing!) One book I do want to read though is Inside of a Dog: What Dogs See, Smell, and Know by Alexandra Horowitz. I saw this on my way home from Jamaica and thought it sounded so intriguing!
WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRAVEL IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE?
Do I need to pick just one place? If I could travel anywhere, I would go on a six month to a year vacation and just travel wherever - staying where I like most for as long as I feel, before moving to the next spot. Europe, Australia, Hawaii, the Caribbean... you name it!
HOW DO YOU RELAX AT THE END OF THE DAY?
A good ol' face mask, snuggles and some sort of over-the-top dramatic girlie show (KUWTK, Real Housewives, or basically anything on HGTV other than house hunters - hate that show!)
I NOW NOMINATE:
1. Bebe Shamo | www.bebeshamo.com
2. Charrise Otey | www.charriseotey.com
3. Adri en Route | www.adrienroute.com
4. Too Much Lemonade, Not Enough Sugar | www.toomuchlemonade.com
5. Selluence | www.selluence.com
6. Cassidy's Adventures | www.cassidysadventures.com
TO MY NOMINEES, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
1. When did you decide to start blogging and why?
2. Do you like the direction your blog is going in? Any changes you feel need to be made?
3. Who or what blogs do you get your inspiration from?
4. What are your favourite platforms to promote your blog on?
5. When do you find time to blog?
6. What types of blogs do you mostly read?
7. What is number one on your bucket list?
8. What are your top three travel destinations and have you visited them before?
9. When you aren't reading blog posts, what can we find you reading?
10. Who are your favourite fashion icons and Instagram influencers right now?
11. What is your biggest, girliest guilty pleasure? (tv show, book, etc.)
Have fun with this guys -- I know I did! And again, a big thanks to Molly's Pitcher for the nomination. Be sure to read the official rules for the 2017 Liebster Award here. Xo
#Life #LifestyleBlogger #Lifestyle #BeautyBlogger #FashionBlogger #BeautyBlog #FashionBlog #BlogBabe #BloggerBabe #BlogBoost #Beauty #Fashionista #Fashion #InstaFashion #InstaStyle #Inspiration #Inspo #Motivation #Liebster #LiebsterAward #LiebsterAward2017